Sunday, September 27, 2015

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Cloud


Image result for Clouds
Grade 4 

What Type of Cloud?

Science

Standard 2 

Students will understand that the elements of weather can be observed, measured, and recorded to make predictions and determine simple weather patterns.

Objective 1
Identify basic cloud types (i.e., cumulus, cirrus, stratus clouds). 

EdTech Standard: Standard 6 
Use telecommunications efficiently and effectively to access remote information and communicate with others in support of direct and independent learning and for pursuit of personal interests. 

The idea behind this lesson is for students to learn about the three basic types of clouds and to know some basic cloud making knowledge.  


Activity #1
To begin I will do a Cloud Experiment where students watch me make a cloud in a bottle.  I will not tell them what we are learning this week.  I will ask questions where the students will hypothesis what will happen and why.

How to Make a Cloud
Cloud Maker Sheet

Activity #2
The students will be in groups of 4 and will conduct an experiment. 

Water in the Air?

Activity #3
I will read Little Cloud by Eric Carle outside.  They we will lay back and watch the clouds.  I will encourage my students to see shapes and objects out of the clouds and voice what they see.

Activity #3
My students will be identifying clouds.  Students will chart clouds and record what they observe and identify what clouds they see outside for 2 weeks.

Cloud Chart
Cloud Identification Chart

Resources
Weather
Cloud Song
Weather Experiments

I used http://www.easel.ly.  I loved, LOVE working with this tool.  Easy to work and many free templates.  I have made a few others just for fun.  I will be using this tool in the future.  It is great to put lessons into an infographic where students see all the information in a quick way.  My eight year old loves reading and learning what I have created.  He told me I need an A+++++++.

No comments:

Post a Comment